I can’t find a “waypoints” file on my Android. The *.gpx file on my SD card also won’t import. What should I do?
Hello Alexjacobi,
Good day and a warm welcome here… (a little time like that is in order)
Could you perhaps describe in a few words what it’s about, what your specific concern is, and what system you’re using? From your wording I can’t tell.
Aviator greetings,
Karsten
Hello Karsten,
That’s great that someone responded so quickly — thanks for that! My issue: on my SD card I have a GPX file with my own waypoints that I’d like to import into VFRNav. In the manual I read “Own waypoint files should be placed with the extension ‘.gpx’ in the directory /VFRnav/waypoints”. However, I can’t find such a directory. As for my system background: my technical knowledge is limited. I’ll try Android, more precisely an 8″ SP88S from sailproof. Does that help? — Thanks
Hello,
Direct access to certain directory structures has long been restricted on Android for security reasons.
Please import your waypoint file like this:
Flight Planning-> the top 3 dots->My Waypoints->Import Waypoints-> choose the directory and the WP file.
Note: please place (copy) the file into the Documents folder (or a subfolder)… Otherwise Android may not be able to access it due to missing permissions.
Note:
If you create many custom WPs, I recommend exporting them right away (same procedure as described) and storing the export somewhere as a backup.
Blue skies,
Karsten
Hello Karsten,
Amazing! Many, many thanks for your support! It’s working. Copying was still a bit fiddly, but importing and exporting were a breeze. I had to restart VFRNav once more for the waypoints to become visible, and that was it.
Thanks again for the quick help, have a great weekend and flying greetings back
Alex
![]()
…That’s how it should be.
Best regards, Karsten